Twitter Vs Facebook
I started using Facebook while I was in college; I started using Twitter when I joined work. For a person like me who was not very technologically savvy the initiation process into both took sometime but once I got the hang of them, I found that they are the best ways to connect, stay in touch as well as do some serious business. It’s like killing three –four birds with one stone.
Though both Twitter and Facebook have similar functions, there are a few basic differences between the two.
- Facebook is for people you know and who know you. It’s like a two way relationship. Twitter on the other hand is a 1 way relationship. You can ‘follow’ people without them following you.
- Facebook conversations are based on shared experiences, Twitter is more formal; you say something interesting or you lose your audience.
- The ‘reach’ through Facebook is limited as you operate within a known set of people. Through Twitter you can access more people, have a bigger network.
- Facebook gives its users a single alternative to many applications- Email, IM, Image /Video Sharing through a single login and interface. Comparatively, Twitter has limited applications.
- Facebook is more user friendly than Twitter.
- Twitter messages are limited to 140 characters.
- However since Twitter takes less time to update, it is more addictive than Facebook.
Honestly speaking one cannot pin point and say that one is better than the other; each has its merits and demerits. It is on the sole discretion of the user on how to use the two sites to meet their requirements.