Content Management Systems : WordPress
“WordPress is web software you can use to create a beautiful website or blog. We like to say that WordPress is both free and priceless at the same time.” – wordpress.org
It is an open source tool based on PHP and MySQL. Though it was initially started as a blogging system, through the years it has evolved as a complete content management system.
5 Advantages of WordPress:
• Easy to use: WordPress is the simplest CMS requiring basic technical expertise to begin with. An extremely user friendly interface makes editing/adding content an easy job. It also allows content in the form of images and videos to be directly uploaded from the page editing form. There are many themes available for WordPress which are customizable as per the user’s requirements.
• Rich Plugin architecture: With a database of over 18,000 plugins, one can possibly add any feature to the base version of WordPress. This further helps developers in extending the possible uses of WordPress. From SEO to customizing the look of your website, one can possibly do everything by installing a Plugin.
• Decentralized Maintenance: WordPress allows for multiuser and multiblogging. One can add any number of users and give them different access control. Users are permitted to access only the sections as are deemed useful to their specific job roles.
• SEO and Digital Marketing friendly: With the help of plugins and widgets, a WordPress site can easily become SEO friendly and allow for basic digital marketing. A number of widely-used add-ons allow site visitors to easily repost an article to sites like Twitter or Digg, or to add a Facebook “Like” functionality. ‘Comments’ form an important constituent of a WordPress blog. Hundreds of pinging services and blog directories with RSS accept all WordPress feeds.
• Strong Community: It is easy to find resource that is skilled in WordPress. Moreover, it also has a very strong online network of forums and discussion groups where anyone can ask questions and seek answers.
To know about other Content Management Systems, keep watching this space.